"Jumla" is the Swahili word for “all together" and was the inspiration for the name Joomla!.
The Joomla! project is one of the biggest content management systems worldwide, backed by a global community.
It lets you create unique websites in your own language. Even if you are not a specialist :-)
In order to allow comfortable access, I have structured the book as follows:
- Structures and Terms
- What's New in Joomla! 1.6
- Managing Content
- Website and Content Configuration
- Users and Permissions
- Extension Management
- Core Extensions
- Multi-Language website
- Working with Templates
- Search Engine Optimization
- Upgrade from Joomla! 1.5 to Joomla! 1.6
- Resources Although you are a beginner, you will be able to manage your own Joomla! website. If you are somehow familar with HTML, CSS and image editing, you will be able to customize a template for your website.