This book is a fast paced tutorial to creating a website using Mambo. If you’ve never used Mambo, or even any web content management system before, then this book will walk you through each step in a friendly and accessible way. From installation, to initial configuration and content entry and then on to customization for your own look and feel, this book will show you how to build feature-rich Mambo based web site fast. You don’t have to be an experienced web developer or designer to get a great looking site with a full set of functions. This book and the freely available Mambo is all you need.
What you will learn from this book
After introducing content management concepts, the book guides you through a detailed tour of Mambo, from installation and using out-of-the-box features to customization. With this book, you will learn how to:
- Install, configure, customize, administrate, and extend Mambo
- Use Mambo’s out-of-the-box features and customize them
- Extend Mambo using external extensions
- Create, edit, and manage content
- Create new templates to give your site its unique look and feel
- Extend the functionality of your Mambo site by writing your own extensions
Who this book is written for
This book is suitable for web developers, designers, webmasters, content editors and marketing professionals who want develop a fully featured web presence in a simple and straightforward process. It does not require any knowledge of programming or web development, and any IT confident individual will be able to use the book to produce an impressive, feature-rich web site.