This book was a beginning. I hope you enjoyed reading it. My intention was to guide you through Joomla! 2.5. Not everything was covered because that would have been too much.
If you want to dip deeper into these topics, read the Joomla! Development - A Beginners'Guide.
What kind of useful resources are there for you to learn more about Joomla! or to get in touch with the Joomla! community?
As it is written on the back of this book, Joomla! is backed by a worldwide community. If you like this idea, come and join us!
- Become a member of http://community.joomla.org/.
- Read the community magazine at http://magazine.joomla.org/.
- Maybe there is a Joomla! user group near you that you can join.
If not, start one yourself!
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/joomla
- Facebook Group: http://www.facebook.com/joomla
- Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/groups/joomla/
- The Joomla! extension directory provides more than 8,900 extensions - http://extensions.joomla.org/.
- There is no central directory for free templates.
- There is no central directory for commercial templates.
Anyway, there are a lot of template clubs and professionals that provide Joomla! templates. Just search the web and you will most certainly find something that suits you.
- Joomla! is known for its Joomla! days.
A Joomla! day is a one- or two-day event organized by and for the community. A list of Joomla! days can be found here - http://community.joomla.org/events.html
- There is an international Joomla! conference in Europe called jandbeyond. Go to http://jandbeyond.org/ for more information.
- In November 2012 there will be the first Joomla world conference (San Jose)
Date: 16th-18th November 2012
eBay Town Hall
2161 North First Street
San Jose, CA 95131
- The community plans a six month release cycle, based on the ideas people post in the Joomla! idea pool.
- The next long term release will be Joomla! 3.5 in May 2013
- The Joomla! developer network is always looking for people like you :-) http://developer.joomla.org/
At the moment there is no possibility to get certified in Joomla!.
You see, there is enough work left for you, your friends and the rest of the world :-).