Yesterday I thought it would be a good idea to offer a possibility to embed links to our free books on other websites than ours.
I played around with webservices and embedded code, but the results were all to complicate to handle.
So the next idea was to write a Joomla! module which is easy to install and works out of the box.
The module shows the cover, the download link and the visitors can download the PDF without leaving your website! The counter show the sum of all downloads.
You can see a demonstration on http://joomla17.cocoate.com.
The module works with Joomla! 1.6 and 1.7 and while I'm writing this blogpost I'm afraid I have to adapt it to Joomla! 1.5 too :)
In the administration of the module it is possible to choose
- the size of the cover (big, small)
- to hide the cover
- choose the book
- show all books
- hide an show the link to the sponsoring page
Please try it and comment if it is working and which additional features you would like to see.
new version 1.0.3
- English Language Files @ot2sen
- Danish Language Files @ot2sen
- German Language Files @hagengraf
- Update mechanism @hagengraf
Code is downloadable on GIT
- Joomla! 1.7: https://github.com/hagengraf/mod_coco_bookfeed
- Joomla! 1.5: https://github.com/hagengraf/mod_coco_bookfeed_joomla15
- Joomla! 1.0: Code not public :), please contact me